Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Colorado: a recap (part 1)

I promised an update from the training time in Colorado and it's high time I make good on my word.

"Make good." The grammar police within me is shuddering.

First, some background.

Wait, you were gone?! What was in Colorado?
I work with Campus Crusade for Christ and every two years we have a staff training in Ft. Collins, Colorado on the campus of Colorado State University. This year, I have my very own bright green CSU camelbak nalgene to prove I was there. Go rams.

Colorado? I want your job.
Yes. Yes you do. But do you really think 5,000 staff would fly to Orlando in July? Colorado it is.

What do you do while you're there?
A typical day goes like this: Morning session from 9:00 - 12:00. Afternoon seminars from 1:30 - 4:30. Evening session from 6:30 - 9:00. And did I mention 5,000 people? Translation: you are never alone. Also, there was free popcorn every day until midnight. Coffee was free too, but they believe in powdered creamer (straight from the devil himself) which meant I kept Starbucks in business.

Anything else I should know?
My flights to & from Denver were completely full. And I knew most people on the plane. Very weird. My living arrangements were very cheap which means I learned the hard way that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I loved living in a college town, but I'm an east coast girl. I'm just not hippie enough to be a Colorado chick. Take me to Boston.

1 comment:

Jon said...

im jealous and i LIVE in colorado. so bummed to miss CSU this year. we should catch up soon.