- I had a 4 hour layover in Amsterdam with full intention of exploring this great airport. Instead, I decided to sit down on this most amazing leather recliner and think about how I would get on the internet. I woke up with exactly 10 minutes to get to my gate to board.
- I've eaten more authentically Turkish food in Scotland than I have in Turkey.
- I arrived in Turkey around 1:45 in the morning. Alone. Thankfully, I was greeted by a nice guy about my age who taught me how to say "I'm very good." (interesting phrase choice).
- I got into the hotel and checked into my room about 3 in the morning, at which point the guy at the reception desk said, "just five more minutes, then someone will help you to your room" and then another guy walked up, took my bags, and said asked me to climb into a golf cart and we drove away.
- It is now 11pm and i'm sitting in the hotel lobby and I do not know how to get back to my room as the last time I went there was 3 am in a golf cart.
Thursday, October 15, 2009