Friday, June 10, 2011

The Daily Casey: the poor excuse for an edition, edition

Trial Days 21-26
Well folks, I missed a full week of the trial, so this will be a catch-all edition. And instead of watching 40+ hours of raw video, I turn to Anderson Cooper who makes this experience much, much more pleasing. If I studied Greek mythology, Anderson Cooper and Matt Lauer would be journalistic demigods. But I do not believe in demigods. There is only one God. Read Deuteronomy 6:4, the Shema. And there's your Hebrew lesson for today.

Back to the matter at hand.

One song has been running through my head all week.
I've been looking so long at these pictures of you....
You were stone white, so delicate


The only difference is I say stone cold and never make it to delicate. Is it me or has Casey's demeanor completely changed in a week? She's emotionless and stone cold. She is finally starting to see how it's all unraveling before her eyes. To be honest, the trial is really hard for me to watch now. She's a pathological liar, her family life is shattered and a child is dead. The only comic relief is her defense. (Honestly, it gives me a little hope. If Jose Baez passed the bar exam, maybe I could too).

So, I'll watch some clips over the weekend. If I'm hit with moments of inspiration, I'll post again. (And there is the fact that Bones the cadaver dog is just begging to make an appearance here. Begging. Get it?).

1 comment:

Judi-CAJ said...

You and Jose Baez are in no where NEAR the same category. I keep thinking of you as a Prosecuting Attorney. You would have him sweating bullets by now!