Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Presidential Mishap

I got locked in the bathroom of the Presidential box at the Kennedy Center.

Locked in. I couldn't get out. For easily ten minutes--ten precious minutes I could've been using to chow down expensive chocolates and red, white, and blue M&Ms with the Presidential Seal--I struggled to get out of the President's personal john. All this wearing a fancy black dress and heels.

No cell phone. No pen to write a desperate plea for help on toilet paper and shove under the door. No knowledge whatsoever of Morse Code.

So I did what any self-respecting girl would do. I noticed the ceiling panels could house a secret Presidential escape route and began formulating a plan to climb from the toilet to the counter to the roof.

Thankfully, my friends noticed my absence (although Luke confessed he thought I was merely having stomach problems) and they rushed to my aid. Apparently, there is some magic formula involving turning the door handle to the left. Bunch of commies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

name dropper!

Anonymous said...

This is my most favorite blog of 2007!! There should be a trophy but there is not.

Jon said...

wait so are you saying commies built the presidents bathroom?? someone needs to inform the secret service.

Judi-CAJ said...

I'm with Lindsey....this has to be the favorite blog of the year! You SO have to come by and tell me stories every day when I am in the 'home.' Wait...and wallpaper my walls with your 'story photos'....of course along with the photos of all the students I loved and still love so dearly! Oh...and keep me stocked up in canvas and paint. Just don't let me eat it.
You are the sunshine of my life!
(That would make a GREAT song!)

drh said...

I, too, love your blog. Especially when you use it. Which has been a lot lately.

Thank you.