People think traveling is glamorous. Let me put it in perspective. It's the equivalent of going days without coffee and 4 consecutive hours of sleep is called a good night's rest. I'm not sure if that pounding inside my head is caffeine withdrawal, dehydration, or the jackknife drilling through cement across the street. But I'm not complaining. I love this life! And I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world. Unless I got a job offer in Washington. Or a blank check to go back to school. Or got paid to write and drink coffee all day. Okay, so maybe the ol' job is hanging in the balance. But I digress.
- Your airplane will get sprayed with (hopefully) non-toxic citrus spray. Several cans will be used. Do not be alarmed. I know I wasn't.
- There is no limit to the amount of whiskey you can consume on an Air France flight
- "Traffic in Los Angeles is very obedient. Traffic in India, not so much." (as said by the Indian lady in the seat next to me).
- Nutella makes any breakfast food palatable
- There are lots of dogs, and they all look the same
- When the immigration officer questions you, just keep looking forward and act like you don't understand the question. Eventually he will get tired, stamp your passport, and wave you through
- They don't use forks