- Once upon a time we wanted to explore outer space and conquer that, too. But we weren't fast enough. Along came Sputnik. Darn you, Russians! But then we went to the moon. We showed them. Americans are innovators.
- Americans aren't finishing high school. China has students that continue to beat us in math and science. Darn you, Chinese!
- No Child Left Behind didn't work. So we are going to stomp over them and Race To The Top. And only the innovators will get money.
- If you dream it, you can do it. (Okay, that was Walt Disney)
- Your tax dollars govern the care of salmon in freshwater and saltwater. We do not know who governs salmon when it is smoked.
- You can drive across country faster than you can wait in a security line in the airport and get a full body pat down.
- It's time we start spending less than we make. We think this might help our deficit.
- We do big things. America is big. We may be poorer than you, dumber than you, and we may cut our national defense budget (?!?!?!), but we are B-I-G.
God bless America.