Monday, January 2, 2012

I need a jingle

I'm a little older, a little wiser, and aware now that successful business startups have a 5-year plan. Fittingly, 2012 marks the beginning of year five in my quest to find that elusive Romeo, Edward, William, Jasper/Jackson or Matt of my dreams.

It all started in 2008 with a two-part strategic plan: Date in '08. He's mine, '09. Never one to be beat down by failure ("fail often, fail quickly" I say), I began the next year with Try Again in 2010. And then 2011 came. A much more difficult year because eleven is a stupid word. I don't know anyone named Evan, I dislike the name Kevin, and that left me with "no bread with leaven" (not gonna happen) or "focus on heaven in 2011." A clear winner because Jesus smiled.

Which leads me to year five: 2012. The year we are all going to die, according to the Mayan calendar.

And so I turn to you, dear readers, to help me with my slogan.

Date in '08
He's mine, '09
Try again in 2010
Focus on Heaven in 2011
Look, this makes a pyramid! (Mayan reference)

4 comments:

aaa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aaa said...

Staying off the shelves in 2012

~Terry Daffron.

Russell said...

"Aw hell, it's 2012" or
"Wedding bells in 2012" or
"No rhymes, just a man, in 2012"

Un Till said...

Buzzin' in 20-dozen